• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

After effects wont let me save as HD 1080p

I'm using After effects CS4 on my friends mac, I dragged my adobe premiere file into after effects to do some colour correction and when I try and export it as HD for youtubed(H.264 1080p 24fps) it wont let me do it.

When I click make movie and choose the output module, h.264 isnt there, so i have to click "custom" then these 2 windows pop up
okokokok.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/860/okokokok.jpg/

When I click on preset the only options are:
3GPP
Apple iPod Video Large
Apple iPod Video Small
NTSC DV Medium Quality
PAL DV Medium Quality
Sony PSP Video High Quality
Sony PSP Video Medium Quality
Sony PSP Wildscreen Video High Quality

No 1080p HD!!

Any ideas on what I can do please?????? Is there a way I can bring the edited file on after effects back to adobe premier and export it using Premiere???? Help please

Yes, as a rule you shouldn't export the final compressed file from AE. Export uncompressed or drag it to Premiere and export through Adobe Media Encoder.

Also, just because there isn't a preset doesn't mean it can't do it. Play around with settings and what not. In Adobe CS5 for 1080 YouTube I start with HQ 1080p preset in H.264 and tweak video and audio settings until it's a filesize and compression quality that I'm happy with, and it does pretty well.

Back