About Myself - Charles Der Esser

Viva, my name is Charles Der Esser. I am a 15-year-old filmmaker, music composer, writer, singer, "dancer", a 3D-CGI Artist, and a gamer.

Although I grew up as a very shy introverted artist, I think I can now say that I'm working on spreading my work more.

I made my first short film at 14 years old, it was 19 minutes long and it was called "Nadia."
Now I am working on my next film, called "Viva," which is actually based on a novel that I started working on at the age of 12 with the same name.

I started writing when I was about 6 years old, I wrote up a short comedy comic called, "Funny Comics" and showed it to my friends in class to which they laughed.

My style of filmmaking is heavily inspired by the films of Tim Burton, mixed with a ton of visually pleasing scenes based on the works of Akira Kurosawa.

I don't believe in excessive visual emotion as the K-Dramas show.
Instead, I believe in a highly subtle approach, by using the environment around the character to express how he or she is feeling internally.
I also like to play charades with my characters, so that they don't really convey their emotions through facial expressions or excessive dialogue, but they show their emotions through their movements. So it becomes less of a film and more of a theater show.

So all in all, I am really thankful to be here with you guys and I hope I get to share my work and get to see the work that you guys have made.

Back