• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A teaser trailer to my $600 feature movie

Woot!
A teaser trailer for my first feature movie! Wanted to see if we can pull off an action movie on our lifelong savings Haha

Well, here is a trailer.

The Tramp - A woman from a small mining town turns into a cold blooded killer after being kidnapped by human traffickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqcCOp2k20

Ps. Thank you CF and everyone else for your advice on original trailer edit!

Last edited:
That was really really good, some of the shots where really nice, there was a few that felt a bit false, but overall i really liked it.

Only two shots, the first at 8 seconds may look better stabilised, and the other shot is at 52 seconds with a girl pointing a gun. The lighting looks a little off.

BUT
for 600 dollars its really good, what camera and lenses did you use? the audio was great as well.
I would say, watch as many teasers as you can and watch how they are constructed, as well as the sound. I am new to this as well, but ive had good feedbak on a trailer ive done
:)

Just a stock lens 18-55 and a 50mm Nikon for a couple other shots.

Again, thank you for your feedback! I ll try to fix those shots for a final cut :)

thats really impressive, and you are welcome to the feedback, it helps us all grow as film makers.
take a look at mine when you get a chance

Ctb, thank you! It was fun a d great learning experience! We still are far from done and have 5 more scenes to film, but no biggie. We ll get er done!

Steve - edit is going good. It still like a steaming pile of sh*t but I'm slowly chopping it away. Half way through an entire footage!

Justin- my plans after release? Simply to show what we can do on no budget and try to get 10,000 to make another project . I doubt that we ll e able to sell the movie because we have no big name as , honestly, general public would really be impressed with a no explosion/chase Michael bay esque action movie :))

Video: t2i, 18-55mm and 50mm lens, a shoulder mount.
Audio: h4n, some cheap mic on a window washing boom pole.
2 of 100w light bulbs from Home Depot.

I'm very impressed man.

And not to be very rude (can't help it) but I think Harmonica needs to see this thread to see what can be achieved with a T2i and the kit lens with very little money and equipment.

Dude, I just want to know how you're getting it done on a nothing budget! Yeah, I know that people are volunteering. But what are you doing to keep them in the game?

People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions and help them throw rocks at their enemies.

Written by (I believe) Warren, Blair

Some people are better at it than others.

The trick is to get the right people to start with. There is no point in gathering a group of people who are going to be unmotivated when working their ass off for free. Though, a lot of people want to be a part of something great. Food for thought?

BTW: Great work for $600.

Trailer looks very good actually -- I'm a bit curious about the film now so you've succeeded at that level.

The two black inserts looked more like editing errors than an effect. Or perhaps its a youtube glitch.

If I were you, I'd rework the last 5 seconds or use a black title card. The smoke thing just doesn't look right and not up to the quality of the rest of the trailer.

Still, thumbs up from me.

Good luck.

Back