A preview of my film's website.

Sorry if this is an inapropiate place to post this, I wasnt for sure where exactly I should.

Click Here to check out the test design for "The Feel Good Revolution"'s website, where i'll post the news, and other things relating to the film.

What do you think? I'm not for sure if I like the background or not, its the first one i've ever made and wasnt for sure if it'd turn out right while tiled for the background.

The links up top dont work yet, but this is just a test design. Its good enough for me, but im not for sure how I like the background. But im open for suggestions, so let me have some ;)

And you're more than welcome to donate too :yes: Haha.

What type of things should a website promoting a film/film project include?

It looks pretty good. The background wallpaper did make me dizzy, but I don't have a film website, so who am I to talk?! ;)

I agree with lilith, the background needs to go.. why not stretch your header to fill the screen, and then make the background black?

Then maybe put a watermark of something centered in the background so it's not too dull.

in the img tag, you can put width=100% and it will stretch accordingly to fit and fill the browser window...it will technically start to look like crap if it's strectched too far...the other way is (in photoshop or gimpshop-free-), double the size (or resolution) of the image, then gaussian blur .5 pixels and do an unsharp mask (play with the settings) to sharpen the edges. This should get you a reasonable double sized image from the 720 px side image you have.

knightly said:
in the img tag, you can put width=100% and it will stretch accordingly to fit and fill the browser window.

Knightly, I just checked his source code. This probably won't work because he has the graphic inside a table data cell. My understanding is that a 100% propertiy assigned to the image will only fill it out to the full width of the data cell, not the complete browser. To fill across the bowser, he would need to change the table width (currently 44%), the data cell width (already 100%), and the image width to 100%. OR, pull the image out of the table.

The theory is still the same, he just needs to resize the table, rather than the image.. actually it would probably look best at like 90% or 95%, instead of 100% Can always photoshop it to make the edges fade or something too, for a nice smooth transition.

I don't see why you need to make it 100% width, the width looks fine to me. I don't mind websites that have a fixed width as long as they are centered.

Thanks for the comments guys, i'll take all of it into consideration.

I wont do a 100% width, more than likely anywhere from 75-85%

I've been hella busy with another non-film related project of mine, balancing the two is hard.

Alright guys, take a gander at it now... http://tfgr.1l.com/main.html

I like it better, and I dont think the background is as distracting with it taking up less ammount of space. What do you guys think?

I'm more than likely going to redo the text on the header image, just make it plain white like it was originally instead of how it is, unless you guys prefer it how it is.

Nah, im aware of the indietalk link directory, but i'm not going to list my site untill its finished.

I was never a big fan of going through link directories like that and getting dead/broken/incomplete sites and such. So I wont put someone else through that pain.

The background is pretty bad honestly. It should go. It's hard on my eyes. I do this stuff for a living, so if you want to ask me any questions, feel free to PM me. Or I can design it for you if you are looking to spend money to make your site really stand out.

Back