A Lotta Bit O' Action

Hey, everyone. Not sure if this video has been posted yet, but I figured I'd put it up as a precursor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZzxMZ9hLU

So, what are your favorite fight scenes of all time?

What are your favorite action scenes of all time that might not be fight scenes?

Finally, what about your favorite scenes makes you like them as much as you do? The stakes? The build-up? The cheesiness? The unbridled bad-assery?

A few of my faves are in the video, but two of my favorite sequences that I didn't see them cover:

The Hallway Fight - Oldboy
This wasn't the first time that the character established his ability, but it was the first truly major obstacle outside of the mystery behind the plot put in his way. He went into enemy territory to get information. Now he is going to get out, no matter how many people are in the way.​

What I also like about this sequence is that there is NOTHING that happens that is too far over the top. The main character does NOTHING fancy, but BECAUSE of that his resolve is amplified to the audience. "I have a knife in my back now? Well, still not dead yet, let's keep fighting."​

The Knife-Fight - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Butch is not a fighter. Butch KNOWS he is not a fighter. It's for this reason that when Butch wins his fight do to thinking on his feet, that my reaction was utter shock and delight.​

I like the scene in "Pale Rider" where the Preacher (Clint Eastwood) whips the local bad guys with a pick handle. "There's nothing like a good piece of Hickory."

The fight scene in Eastern Promises, and the ending scenes of United 93 and Bonnie and Clyde come to mind. The Stirling battle in Braveheart as well.

lol, that was a lot o' fightin', for sure.

Glad to see some Godzilla & Sucker Punch in there. :cool:

Could've used a Ray Harryhausen fight in there - skellies a good choice.

Not sure if I have an actual fave fight scene, though. :blush:

lol, that was a lot o' fightin', for sure.

Glad to see some Godzilla & Sucker Punch in there. :cool:

Could've used a Ray Harryhausen fight in there - skellies a good choice.

Not sure if I have an actual fave fight scene, though. :blush:

Good call on the Harryhausen. I can only imagine how it must have been to watch his movies on their initial release, watching fantasy play out on screen how it never truly had before.

Back