A Good Price On Hard Cases

Funny, I was just thinking about rigging up a set of pelican mounts for my bike, these look pretty good for the price. Unfortunately the mounting racks are still a few hundred dollars...

My only concern for equipment use would be how they compare to pelican in terms of material strength - a friend checked some computers in a similar pelican knock-off and the case shattered at some point during the trip, seriously damaging the computers. The main walls of the case turned out to be both thinner than real pelicans, and also made of a cheaper material which appeared to be more brittle and prone to shattering.

Last edited:
Please remember that your friend's "similar pelican knock-off" is not this Pelican knock-off. There are a multitude of companies out there making dozens of different cases to different specs. Please verify the brand your buddy had so we can add it to the discussion. For now, it's just an anecdote and not one that we can apply directly to these cases. Correct? I'm not looking to start a fight. My hope is that we can identify the cheap gear that actually works, and spread the word.

That said, I agree with you, entirely. High-end equipment demands high-end support gear. But, if you're working on a no/low budget, one needs to accept the realities of the situation:

- Your T2i doesn't shoot 4k.
- That cloned fluid head isn't so fluid.
- The jib used to be a couple monopods & ground clamps.
- That slider is really a skateboard.
- Your $35 cases aren't going to be a bullet-proof as Pelican.

Thomas

Last edited:
Definitely - I'm just saying I'd be more cautious with these, especially in situations like shipping equipment where I wouldn't think twice about using a pelican. For day to day storage and transportation I don't doubt that these are more than sufficient for most people's needs, and even if one breaks every now and then they're cheap to replace.

I ordered a few cases & they arrived yesterday. Lookin' good!

Of course, the very same day they arrive they send out their newsletter for July 4th special - $4 shipping. Gah! Weasels should'a done this last week!

Anyways, very happy with these. :cool:

Back