• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'A FRIENDLY VISIT' - Short UK film! Kinda crazy..

Hey Guys,

A few weeks back, on a Wednesday night, I was feeling bored and frustrated so I wrote a little short film. On the Saturday, I shot it. I got two actors I know, got my friend Paul to lend me his house; and we shot. This is no-budget, and no equipment other than a camera! All filmed in ONE DAY!

I'd love to know what you think. You don't need to be too critical as, hey; we shot it with ZERO money, just for fun, with no equipment other than the camera! And we shot it FAST.

But I hope you at least get a couple of laughs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2SOPy43F5E

Daniel

PS: Hope you understand the English accents :P

Did you put enough qualifiers on that? :P Well at least you were honest about not wanting any negative critique.

So I'll just say nice job :D

For what it is, it's very cute. I did laugh a few times.

But, I will say this: It was shot for nothing in less then a day. That's fine. I have no problems with any of the shots. The acting in parts could have just been better. There's no real reason why it wasn't. It might have added an extra hour onto the work, but in the end the product would have been 100 times better. That's the director's biggest job, and in this case where there's no real set up that's your most important job.

The shameful part, the actors seemed good and natural in their roles. So, a little emotional direction would have gone a long way.

But, all in all, very nice job.

Youtube hates me. It freezes up at the 3:30 mark, and I'm dying to see the finale.

ussinners, whatchoo talkin' bout?! When's the last time you shot this much footage in a day? It's just a dude with a camera, and I think he did quite nicely.

daniel, it starts slow -- way too slow. With a short, you can't afford to waste any time, in my opinion -- we need to know what the conflict is, quickly. But then, once it gets going, I really started to like it. I like the characters, and I think the acting was good. The paranoid boyfriend made me laugh, numerous times. Now, if only Youtube would let me finish the damn thing.

Kudos, on a job well-done.

That was surprisingly good. I thought you did a pretty good job on the framing for one day's work. So much framing is crappy on the forum (no offence to others, lol). And it was quite funny too. I liked the "yeah thats the same thing" parts. I was dissapointed when i went on your channel and there were'nt really any other shorts..

Back