A Festival called US!!! (Macbeth 3000)

Hey guys. Exciting news.

I've been busy with all the Macbeth 3000 post production, and my prescence here has dropped due to long sweaty days behind he keyboard. Press kits, posters, dubbing... but it's all worth it... because...

Yesterday, I slept past my alarm and got a call from our audio wizard Harmeet wondering why I wasn't at his house dubbing. Oops. So... I'm stumbling about my apartment blindly, tripping over furniture still rearranged for the TFC48hour..... and the phone rings again. I pick it up and a voice asks who he's talking to. Long story short, it's one of the festival managers for Young Cuts, formerly HILTZ, known as the Toronto International Teen Movie Festival. They stumbled upon our webstie and saw the Macbeth trailer, found my phone number on the contact page, and called to tell me how much they laughed thier asses off and enjoyed it!

Anyway, I can't go into any details (you know how it is), but I was enthralled to get such great feedback from a respectable festival (and one we were heavily considering submitting to!).

Anyway, we're cutting a "PG-13 PROMO TRAILER" today with any possibly "objectionable phrases/images" replaced with funny/innocent ones, and we're dubbing a line... should be on the website today or tomorrow...

ANYWAY, just wanted to keep you up to date. Don't forget the premiere on the 15th of July!!! Directorx is coming up for the festivities, so reserve tickets ASAP! We're starting our "Shock Marketing Campaign" tonight, and it seems like we're getting enough attention now... might sell out (fingers crossed)!

Gotta get back to work!

-Denis Logan-

mdifilm said:
this is so nice to hear, I enjoyed it soo much that I want a copy on DVD :) can I?

Well, we're not even finished the whole movie yet! LOL... still scoring the final scene and rendering the files through filters and such.

Anyway, I'll see about what I can do for DVDs. We'll be selling them ourselves, but hopefully a distributer will jump on board. Wishful thinking. Either way, I hope I will get a few free "promo" DVDs to throw around the forum here... only time will tell (don't hold your breath!).

Thanks all!

Very nice. It always helps when a festival comes knocking on your door instead of you beating his down.

Hope all goes well with it.

AlexGg said:
Did you do something special for that?

Absolutely nothing. They actually have another film in thier roster called "Macbeth" which claims to be an action movie. I can only imagine they were searching for something related and stumbeld upon our site!! Good fortune!

Pook said:
I hope you celebrated by making one of those delish delicacies you're so famous for.

If by that you mean crapping my pants, then yes.

Back