• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

logline ?

Logline
The Mafia threaten to murder the attorney general’s pregnant wife if he doesn’t assist them in smuggling 30 tons of a new wonder drug across the border from Mexico.

Last edited:
Sounds... familiar lol

csi miami sunglasses GIF

What you wrote sounds like it could be one. It's just generic drug/kidnap entertainment.

across the border from Peru.
There's no border between the US and Peru, so I presume you mean Mexico?

Just off the top of my head, I'd go with something like - they threaten to kill the wife of the governor of Texas, because they want the governor to help them. He's someone who I'd think WOULD have the practical, on the ground ability to help smugglers.

There's no border between the US and Peru, so I presume you mean Mexico?

Just off the top of my head, I'd go with something like - they threaten to kill the wife of the governor of Texas, because they want the governor to help them. He's someone who I'd think WOULD have the practical, on the ground ability to help smugglers.
sorry, I'm from the uk so I have nooo idea lol.

I'm from the uk so I have nooo idea lol.
Then why not do something in/around/about the UK?

Involving border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland during the Troubles? Or smuggling drugs via the Eurostar with a threat to murder someone at the top of that organization if (s)he doesn't cooperate? Or the impact of Brexit on drug smuggling? You could be quite creative with that!

Involving border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland during the Troubles? Or smuggling drugs via the Eurostar with a threat to murder someone at the top of that organization if (s)he doesn't cooperate? Or the impact of Brexit on drug smuggling? You could be quite creative with that!
That kind of thing is rare over here so it would be kinda strange. Plus Brexit hasn't affected a lot. All that seems boring to me, and I'd hate it even more to write about it (I find that this country is just too monotonous and there are no genuinely interesting creations, writers are just hired to regurgitate the same shit). No wonder we have a terrible industry lmao.

If I wanted to write a film about the UK I would, it just wouldn't be fun for me.

sorry for the negativity lmao

Your log is an observation, not a story. The guy says "OK" and the movie's over. Unless--
"The AG is forced to throw out the book and defend his wife when--" that stuff happens.
That's a log.
Raise the stakes, raise the tension, i.e., pregnant wife.
Why do I want to watch this guy, anyway? Lawyers are notoriously boring. Unless he's a pacifistic AG, or a former Olympian turned AG, or a Mafia Snitch turned AG, a blind AG--give me something that evokes a question mark. How is he not a boring lawyer?

Jazz up the log, then write the script. It's cliche for a reason. It got that way because the basic story has universal appeal. [It sells!]

Plus Brexit hasn't affected a lot.
You might want to change where you get your information from! :eek:

Salmon exports down 98% (ninety-eight, that's not a typo); all types of food and drink combined, down 70-ish percent; corrupt government breaking the treaty it just signed, and not enforcing customs controls on imports; prohibition of freedom of movement for Europeans means UK immigration has suddenly shifted to a primarily non-white, non-Christian demographic; Spanish police in training to launch sting-attacks on the now-illegal aliens of British origin living under the radar in Spain, coordinating with the British police to have them arrested as soon as they're deported to Britain, because many of them have outstanding arrest warrants ...

Brexit is a wonderful source of drama, on the personal as well as political level.

Last edited:
Back