• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

60D grainy footage at 100 ISO and amazingly lit????

Hi guys I am just wondering you can see grain on my shirt and some other places when it is fully lit well with professional kits and shot on hd 24fps at 50 shutter speeed and 100 iso??? Why is this??? If anyone knows please help because even in 360P it doesnt look that good and it should! My export setting on premiere are h.264 1920 x 1080 and that should be good.. can anyone tell me why or give be full settings for better premiere exporting? Thanks. By the way this is just a video to my cast and crew before we start filming lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZni8PE7Do

I can't give any tips, but I'll say that I think the video still looks good. I can see some noise particularly on/in your collars, but really only if I scrutinize it. No one's going to be happy to see any noise in their video, but I still think that the video looks pretty darn good.

I think the video looks good too. I also own a 60D and if I recall correctly you usually want to shoot with ISOs of a factor of 160 (i.e., 160, 300, 640) but I think you are looking OK at 100 there, dude. Stay away from the ISOs of a factor of 125.

To echo TheArtist, if you're not a fan of the grain/noise try adding a denoiser filter before you render. I use NeatVideo. Good luck on your search and with your movie.

Sam

Thanks everyone for the insight! I do have one question though. I bought my friends gave me his old computer(new but he wanted a new one). His after effects has RedGiant denoiser. Is that one of the best or better ones to use? Also after I popped it on this video last night ALL THE NOISE GONE! And I also figured out about the 160 ISO and factors of that from Phillip Bloom last night as well. So all should be good :)

If you already have a denoiser that works then it's cool. I heard good things about the Red Giant one, seems like it's legit. Though I have to say this, and you may already be aware of this, adding a denoiser filter to your post workflow can beat up your render times (and put some work on your computer too, depending on what you have).

Some (like me) add the denoiser to all of my other filters and let my machine have at it. Others propose you dennoise up front then render and then do all of your other post work - color, grading and denoise again (if necessary). What ever works for you is the way to go.

All that said, if you do most of the work during capture (filming) you buy yourself a great deal of time in post ( i know you know this, man, just throwing it out there for the viewers and stuff). Good luck with the movie.

Sam

Back