• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 5 stix of dynamite scene

Got got a few friends last weekend and shot a few scenes from one of my new projects :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH3P0ImFYuc

ZOMG that was ridiculous! :lol:

I totally lost it when the dude ripped his shirt. :lol:

When's this one due to be finished? Oh, and btw - whatever happened to the one about that female-run kidnapping ring? (Forgot the title)

These exploitation-style flicks are the best. :cool:

Dude, that was awesome :lol:

I loved the set, the lighting, and the overall look of the film. The acting, soundtrack, and camerawork was pretty decent as well. It was also nice to see some awesome fight scenes, not bombarded with shaky-cam. Overall, this was near flawless in my opinion. Although some of the fighting sound effects (particularly the missed swipes) stuck out a bit too much, but overall, nice work :)

EDIT: Ditto on what Zensteve said. That shirt-rip was hilarious.

thanks Steve !
My previous trafficking movie, the Tramp is all done! It was great learning experience of making a feature on no budget haha pm/facebook me your address, I ll email you the copy!
As far is this project - I was at work and got a ridiculous idea for a movie, so I decided to shoot a bunch of scenes, put it all together and pass it around before committing to it.
So far I get positive responses :)

Last edited:
Thanks Chimp!
All the lighting was done from car headlights and a bounce board. Can't afford lights. But I'm glad this trick worked!

I thought the lighting and editing was really effective for the fight scene and the crowd environment. You definitely have a knack for shooting nice-looking exploitation stuff, so keep doing what you do!

Not sure about the fight choreography though. The couple of swing-and-miss punches looked pretty slow, so I felt like her dodging them was to be expected rather than any indicator that she's skilled. It might be as simple as speeding them up a bit in post, or you might just want to take a look at slightly tighter fight choreography for future scenes. There has to be a real sense, in fights, that, if someone misses a punch, they do it by an OMG A WHISKER or if someone blocks a punch its HELL THAT'S TOUGH. It's part sound design and part choreography I think, but it'll raise this scene a lot.

There's some great stuff from the BTS of The Raid that shows how they did really visceral fight choreography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PNHCVZ0Aw

That was really cool.

The lighting felt appropriate; the whole scene looks and feels like it would be set in an abandoned parking garage or after hours in the car park of a bar, so lighting it with car headlights actually seems quite realistic (in fact, having a few more cars visible in the background, with their lights as practicals, might've been good).

Good work!

mad_hater, thank you ! glad you liked it!

Will, nope! not black magic :) 5d. Good eye on a black spot! I was thinking about jumping in and removing it, but then just said "f**k it"...

mad_hater, thank you ! glad you liked it!

Will, nope! not black magic :) 5d. Good eye on a black spot! I was thinking about jumping in and removing it, but then just said "f**k it"...

Interesting, was not aware the 5D suffered from similar black spots. I'll be sure to point that out next time someone starts bitching about their black magic camera not being as awesome as they wish (which, for as awesome as they are is pretty silly to bitch about).

Interesting, was not aware the 5D suffered from similar black spots. I'll be sure to point that out next time someone starts bitching about their black magic camera not being as awesome as they wish (which, for as awesome as they are is pretty silly to bitch about).

Im sure gear snobs would find something to bitch about f900 ;) Just frame a shot and shoot it!

Im sure gear snobs would find something to bitch about f900 ;) Just frame a shot and shoot it!

Probably true.. I just find it really kind of sad, but hilarious at the same time.. People bitched that BMD announced the cameras, and didn't deliver when they initially had projected delivery for. Then when the cameras shipped, they bitch that there are less features and/or issues with the initial firmware, and continue to bitch that new better firmware doesn't come out fast enough. All the while, seemingly ignoring the fact that they've got a camera who's nearest equivalent in performance/features is about 4x the price they paid for their camera.

Being a software developer I probably have a better handle on the whole 'project manager triangle' thing than a lot of people though, so I totally get the "you can have, good, cheap, or fast" and at best you get to pick two of those (often times only one) and can never get all three.

:lol:

Anyway.. thread derailment over.. back to talking about your scene. :)

Not yet :) I had an idea for a movie and writing the screenplay right now. We shot all of the important trailer scenes that I know will be in a final version of a screenplay. That way when I ll have screenplay ready , i ll have a trailer cut for it as well :)

Back