• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

30 years later .....what do you think?

ok this is like a action war movie and this is what I got so far.........

Peter mclain(a 70 year old world war 2 veteran losing his fight with cancer) is laying down on a hospital bed in a small white room. The only sound heard is the sound of the recperator beside his bed. A nurse walks into the room:
"Hi Mr.Mclain, how are you doing today?"
Starts checking the bag of morphine and other equipment.
Peter Mclain tries to speak in between moans"Al.........right"
The nurse looks into Peters then leaves the room.
Close up of peters face then it starts to fade to white then when it's all white it starts to fade back to peters face on the battle field of Germany.
BOOM! a gernade explodes 15 feet in front of the hole peter is shooting out of with his t action rifle, he shoots his rifle and his one of the german troops in the chest.
"MOVE UP!" hollars the troops leutenant, Trent
Some troops throw grenades and then 15 troops(including Peter) jump out of holes and start running for the next hole 20' away. 1 soldier gets shot and falls to the ground the rest of the troops are running and shooting. The rest make it to the hole. Peter starts talking to his fellow soldier
Peter: "Tell you what Damien, if we make it out of here i'll give you a quart of rum"
Damien: "You got yourself a deal" Then he looks over top of the mound of mud and uses his browning automatic rifle(BAR) machine gun and takes out 4 german solidiers then ducks back down into the hole. Peter then looks out of the hole with his thompson and shoots at german soldiers, mud flying in front of him because of enemy fire, he duck back in the hole then reloads while looking up every couple seconds. Then they hear a small thud right behind them, a grenade. They quickly scream "GRENADE!" and take a large jump. Everyone survives. He then hears Leutenant Trent Shout "The Germans are retreating!" Everyone in the trenches/holes Shout with joy then they hear small whistle that keeps getting louder and louder then BOOM! The Germans are using artillary.......Leutenant Trent Shouts "RETREAT!" Then more and more artillary shells hit the battle field. Peter is still now running as fast as he possibly could along with his fellow platoon. The rest of the Platoon is ahead of Peter and they are almost out of the range for the artillary shells. The Platoon Is far away from the range of the artillary shells so they jump in a hole and Leutenant Trent Shouts"RUN YOUR F***ING @$$ OFF SOLDIER!" and just as Peter is 30' from the hole a shell explodes very close to him and knocks him down(The perspective changes now to it happening through Peters eyes) He looks to his right then his left(stuned). Then he starts being dragged back towards the hold then he is laying down in the hole with the Leutenant Trent looking over him saying " C'mon soldier, stay with me" Peter starts blinking/fainting and then his eyes shut.
END OF Scene #1

Peter wakes up in a hospital and starts looking around the room then the door opens and his wife says" Are you alright? The nurse told me you just had internal bleeding! What happened!?" Peter: " It's ok honey i'm fine" Wife: "Your in a hospital you're not fine!"
Peter holds his wifes hands. "It's ok" His wife hugs him with his face over her shoulder, then it has a close up of his face then starts fading to white when it's all white it starts fading back to his When he has cancer(hugging his wife in the hospital room) Peter: "It's O.k" Then it backs way from his face so the camera can see his 30 year old son and 33 year old daughter and his 2 grand children (one boy and one girl the age of 5).

Last edited:
One slight problem is there weren't any Germans in the Vietnam war. Also, American troops only used bolt action rifles as sniper rifles. He would have had either a semi-automatic rifle (I want to say an M1A1), or an M-16. Some carried pump action shotguns, but I'm getting too detailed. Pretty much he would have had an M-16.

Anyway, it was good enough to get me to read it!

Chris

thanks, So no go for the mg42? :( oh and anyone who reads this, the script is copyrighted by the goverment of canada!!! anyway, thanks for reading and commenting Chris i'll fix it up a bit and add some more to the post from my script. I think i might change him to a world war 2 veteran instead, that way i have a larger range of gns to exloit and a larger (filming) terrain.
Thanks
Chad

One slight problem is there weren't any Germans in the Vietnam war. Also, American troops only used bolt action rifles as sniper rifles. He would have had either a semi-automatic rifle (I want to say an M1A1), or an M-16. Some carried pump action shotguns, but I'm getting too detailed. Pretty much he would have had an M-16.

Anyway, it was good enough to get me to read it!

Chris

I must have missed something, where'd you get that this was set in Vietnam? It read as a WWII set to me.

The magic of editing EVS. *Poof* VietNam is now Germany!

And Flames, I think that you're still a little historically inaccurate. Personally that always bothers me, but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Chris

The magic of editing EVS. *Poof* VietNam is now Germany!

And Flames, I think that you're still a little historically inaccurate. Personally that always bothers me, but I guess it's a matter of taste.

Chris

No what I'm saying is is there a piece of this Thread missing? Where did you get Vietnam from? It's nowhere in his Thread so I'm way confused on how you're offering advice on something that wasn't part of the Thread, was there an attachment for his script I didn't see? You're correct though on the historical accuracies, I just don't see where he mentioned anything about sniper rifles, or anything to lead one to believe he wants this set in Vietnam. So, what am I missing here?

No EVS, you aren't missing anything per se. Flames rewrote his post. In rewriting he took out the reference to Viet Nam as well as (mostly) the reference to Peter's bolt action rifle. I was offering advice on something that was in the thread at the time, and now it isn't in the thread.

Chris

Oh ok, man, I thought I was losing it there for a minute. I was like, what the heck are they both talking about? You both were carrying on a post referencing Vietnam but I didn't see it. Pheew! I thought maybe someone switched my coffee to Decaf. Anyway, I tend to pick out historical and technicalinaccuracies as well. Being in the Army has made most Action movies comedies to me. :)

Wheres the zombies and ninjas!
to be honest this sounds like a low budget saving private ryan, you should try and add somehting original to the ww2 genre like resistance done with the ww2 videogame by replacing the nazis with nasty aliens

Wheres the zombies and ninjas!
to be honest this sounds like a low budget saving private ryan, you should try and add somehting original to the ww2 genre like resistance done with the ww2 videogame by replacing the nazis with nasty aliens
PJR did this with zombies www.horrorsofwarmovie.com.

Back