• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 3 minute short with the Canon XH-A1 (HDV)

Hi Everyone,

I completed a short a little while back called 'Parallax' at the following link

http://www.vimeo.com/4092839

It was designed to be a fun/learning project that ended up having more effects than originally intended. Lots of fun in the end. Love for people to take a look.

Thanks

Win

Tech info

edited with FCP and After Effects (special effects and colour grading)
shot with Canon XH-A1 in 24fps
Soundtrack Pro for final sound mix
Used Sennheiser boom mike for dialogue
Helicoptor footage courtesy of a friend!

Feel free to ask any other tech questions!

pretty cool film. Wipes or transitions similar aren't commonly used in film, but other than that the whole thing was awesome.

Damn..

Such a strong start that lost momentum fast.

It felt very rushed after you meet the female character. The editing swipes were probably a stylistic choice, and didn't work for me.

Great credit animation.

Damn..

Such a strong start that lost momentum fast.

It felt very rushed after you meet the female character. The editing swipes were probably a stylistic choice, and didn't work for me.

Great credit animation.

Yeah i agree with you.
Especially with the wipes... idk.... not my favorite either.

I thought it was great. The lighting, the sound, the pictures... very nice. I agree with above though, the swipes gave it ... I dunno, a Benny Hill feel maybe. Like it was going to be a comedy or something.

Definitely something to be proud of though. Good job.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

In hindsight I agree the wipes don't work. Being a practice/experimental project, I did actually want the ridiculous shortcut home to have a tongue in cheek feel, but within the context of the subject, it was a bad idea! Might go back and reedit at a later date, after I finish my new film.

Cheers

Win

Sennheiser MKH 60 short shotgun mic. problem on Canon XH-A1

Hi,

I'm trying to get my new Sennheiser MKH 60 short shotgun mic. to work on my Canon XH-A1, but am having a lot of trouble. Both manuals, for the camera & mic., aren't helpful either. Thanks for any help you can give. This was a big purchase & I'm getting no audio. -RC, New Orleans :P

nice work. your titles are so good i might just steal the idea.

i could see you used fastblur and not dof on the camera for the titles. I wonder what actual dof would look like on the titles.

Back