• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 2.5 Hours = 1 Short Film, Who doesnt like short shorts?

I liked it, literally LOL'd at the intensity with which he pulled. I think it needs more natural sound/dialogue though, rather than the music being the dominant sound. i.e. I think we should hear her saying something like "don't pull so hard" and he's so intensely focussed he's completely ignoring her advice.

i felt like the punchline was missing, what would have helped is some slow motion with aggressive tugging and really psychotic face

Thanks guys for your feed back, the actual dialogue wasn't part of the film just picked up from camera and I decided to included pieces of it in the film.

This is my second attempt at comedy, there are some things I need to work on, I greatly appreciate your feedback!

Wow. That's a short skirt. ;)

Fairly nice production!
Woulda liked a little MORE of a story worked into it, which I'll concede is difficult to achieve in three minutes.
  1. They sit inside.
  2. He pulls, resistance
  3. He struggles, she assists
  4. He goes ballistic, she waits
  5. He quits, she achieves with ease
  6. He seethes!
  7. End.
Meh...

Love the gauzy coloring, and its consistancy.

I'm real impressed with the lighting @ 2:53, how you captured the image without the sun going down causing hot spots on her face. Very nice.

This film was shot on the 60D with the CineStlye setting. I didnt color it at all. Just all Aperture and ISO

Thank you Rayw for your input. Making me a better filmmaker!!! I appreciate you taking
a few minutes of your life to write an opinion.

GREAT! loved it. I agree with 8salacious9 about the slo motion part. Would of been the icing on the cake. Other then that. Funny!!

Thanks captiveera, I really need to work on my punch lines. Since I didn't go to film school I'm trying to try and do a short for all genres and learn from my peers. Thanks for your input!

Dude, three minutes isn't that short. That's a REALLY long time to belabor a joke about a dude struggling to put his seat-belt on. Three minutes is PLENTY of time, to tell PLENTY of story. My honest opinion -- this movie should be no longer than 15-seconds long.

Hey, you're out there having fun, and that's fine, nothing wrong with just grabbing a camera and having fun. But it's pretty clear to me that you're not really applying yourself to become a better filmmaker. I don't doubt that you will, but you haven't yet. A three-minute film should not be finished in 2 hours (uploading doesn't count). There's a method to what we do, and it seems to me like you're just winging it.

Slow down. Learn a little more of the craft. Next time, consider spending 4 hours to shoot a 1-minute short, and about 6 hours editing. And of course that's only after having spent many days bouncing ideas around in your head (and sharing them with others), before finally spending a few hours to put it down on paper (and then you show that to people, and revise).

I'm glad you're making films, and I hope this post of mine doesn't sound like I have any animosity. I just think you'll ultimately have more fun by spending more time on it. :)

Thanks for your input, these forums are a fantastic tool to improve all aspects of being a filmmaker, including learning to hear others opinions. Positive, negative, relavant or irelavant. And as a director I'll will be hearing plenty of that.

Back