• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "You're Beautiful" Ft Garrett

I liked it. Yes show it to the girlfriend, she would have to have a sense of humor to appriciate it. Either that or she has to wear ear plugs.
I thought it was well done.

Haha, thanks guys. Yeah, once he finally sent me his song and I listened to it I was like...Oh boy. So I made him send me the vocals and instrumental separately. As it may be hard to believe his voice was a Lot worse before I, cough, adjusted it. haha. I also adjusted a little of his instrumental as well, but in the end, his girlfriend loved it. But it was a lot of work, since the original song he sang to was not matching up very nicely to his version he sent me. Lots of cuts, but seemed to turn out alright. Thanks for checking it out and replying! :D

Cute.

May I ask what audio programs and plug-ins you used to correct the voice and mix the music?

Well he did all the music making...I think he used a program called "Reason" and also used Audacity to record himself. But I used Adobe Audition CS 5.5 that came with with my CS 5.5 Package I bought. Then I found a free VST plugin called Kerovee that does some cool auto tuning. So I added a small amount of tune, some form of studio reverb and a voice enhancer if I recall right.

Cool.

I think you did a marvelous job - I have a pretty good idea of how the original tracks sounded like.

Unfortunately, when I first started listening, I thought it was a joke or one of those parodies of Rebecca Black...

But it's cute! Kudos to you.

Oh and I always have to ask:

What lenses did you use?

Color correction?

Cool.

I think you did a marvelous job - I have a pretty good idea of how the original tracks sounded like.

Unfortunately, when I first started listening, I thought it was a joke or one of those parodies of Rebecca Black...

But it's cute! Kudos to you.

Oh and I always have to ask:

What lenses did you use?

Color correction?

Haha, thanks man. I used both the 18-55mm kit lens for the walking aparts, and the 50mm 1.8f for sliding parts. I used Vegas Pro 10 though to edit it as I haven't had the time to learn Premier 5.5. But I used my Dead Wall preset I made for all the shots. Its on my website for free download krotoflik.com. :)

Sweet. I like when people use the kit and make it look awesome. I swear, the kit lens is better than most people give it credit for. Same with the 50 1.8.

Good job.

Sweet. I like when people use the kit and make it look awesome. I swear, the kit lens is better than most people give it credit for. Same with the 50 1.8.

Good job.

Yeah, the kit does do a great job for outside and allows for that extra variation in style. The 50mm is kinda my inside, glider shot lens. I tend to do a lot of walking and shooting, so the 50mm just isn't an option at this point without something to steady my shots.

Cool

I used my takumar 50mm on a shoulder-mount which seemed like it would be easy just to make one out of some erector-set rig with some padding for your shoulder. It worked like a charm.

I like the video and it's cut together nicely, but I didn't think it was possible to cover James Blunt and make it sound worse…

I like the video and it's cut together nicely, but I didn't think it was possible to cover James Blunt and make it sound worse…

Haha, man I need some sleep. I was looking for the thumbs up button on this post...Time for bed, work nights stinks.

Haha, thanks man. I used both the 18-55mm kit lens for the walking aparts, and the 50mm 1.8f for sliding parts. I used Vegas Pro 10 though to edit it as I haven't had the time to learn Premier 5.5. But I used my Dead Wall preset I made for all the shots. Its on my website for free download krotoflik.com. :)

What exactly is a kit lens?

Nice video. And as this song proves: autotune can't work miracles.

@kari - A kit lens is just the lens that comes bundled with the camera body when you buy them together. The Canon 18-55mm is a great lens, even if it is plastic. It's sharper than the 28-135mm kit lens that came with my Canon 50D.

Last edited:
Nice video. And as this song proves: autotune can't work miracles.

@kari - A kit lens is just the lens that comes bundled with the camera body when you buy them together. The Canon 18-55mm is a great lens, even if it is plastic. It's sharper than the 28-135mm kit lens that came with my Canon 50D.

I KNOW! haha, I tried so hard to make it sound good, but in the end....well, you know.

I randomly found out this video landed on Tosh.0's website homepage for a while and then got deleted, haha. Must have been Garrett's sweet vocals. :lol:

Back