Yet another sony vegas problem

Okay I have yet another problem with sony vegas. The preview for all of my clips that i edit lags like hell. The audio is fine, but the video portion is laggy and everything that occurs in it is very robotic because of the lag. Any solutions?

well... i'm assuming you already did this... but the first thing to try is to put the preview on "draft" quality... yeah it makes it look pixellated... but it plays much smoother...

assuming you've done that... you can try defragging, or gettting more RAM... it's also caused when you have lots of effects going on... if you disable the effects, the preview will run much smoother. do a short render if you want to check out what the effects are turning out like in real time...

those are my suggestions... i hope something helps.

All of the video lags, even video with no effects. I have an AMD quad processor and 4 gigs of RAM, which is why this is a mystery to me. I actually haven't tried putting the preview on draft quality. I'll try that next. Thanks.

are you editing in HD? that could be the cause, combined with too high a quality setting on the preview window... otherwise i don't know why it would lag with no effects... that's weird, especially with the system you have.... the preview quality you have it set on can make a big difference, though... i hope that helps...

Back