'Yeezus' the Movie...

I saw this trailer today, and got quite a good laugh out of it...

If you aren't familiar with the album, or Kanye West and his absurd personality... you probably won't understand this... but if you have, you may also get a kick out of it.

As a musician, I was forced last year into listening to this album after people like Lou Reed and Paul McCartney raved about it. While the production was done extremely well, the lyrics are so dumb and ridiculous, I listen to it every so often just for laughs. (Lyrics like, "I'm sitting in the french restaurant, hurry up with my damn croissants!")

I fully expect this to be a trainwreck, and I'm totally going to go see it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkGy0qHGb0M

I feel like it's mainly going to be a live performance movie with a few of his "artsy" scenes. I do like some of Kanye's music but i swear he's slowly driving himself crazy trying to be perfect with his art and shit. but that's just me

I feel like it's mainly going to be a live performance movie with a few of his "artsy" scenes. I do like some of Kanye's music but i swear he's slowly driving himself crazy trying to be perfect with his art and shit. but that's just me

Oh yeah, I expect the majority of it will be a really over the top concert film with bad/cheesy stock footage of running horses and waterfalls in between shots.

I actually love Yeezus; I'm a very serious musician, and a huge opponent of rap, but I do love Yeezus. I think the lyrics are laughable, but the production is some of the best I've ever heard on a record. I think the perfectionist attitude vibe that he gives off is clearly a bit arrogant, but it may not be a bad thing. Lou Reed was a very notable perfectionist, and produced some of the best music of the 20th century - One of the last pieces of content we have from Reed before his death last October is his song-by-song review of Yeezus, where he too was blown away by it.

The album has just really intrigued me, because it's so oddly produced and promoted; as a musician, watching Yeezus unfold is like going to the zoo ;)

I think this film'll be interesting

Back