Ya-Ha!

I accidentally found this site and decided to join. Hopefully I'll get some feedback on my work so far, and who knows what else. So far, my friend and I have written 4 scripts and 2 more on the way. Unfortunately, since we live in backward barbarian country we don't have any money or other means to make them. So for now, we are only concentrating on writing scripts.

I'm new as well, only thing I can suggest for a camera, as others have said- get A camera, any camera-could be an old VHS camera- and just film.

Get Creating! Sounds like you've started with the scripts. :) I'm enjoying my experiences on these boards too-very helpful here!

'sup, new guys! :cool:

Unfortunately, since we live in backward barbarian country we don't have any money or other means to make them.

Funny you should mention that. Less than a week ago, another filmmaker from your "backward barbarian country" joined the site here, with links to several films he'd made.

I'm tellin' ya, man... if you've got the will to make it happen, it can be done.

I'll try to find his intro for ya. He could be your neighbour, for all I know.
smiley_pac.gif

'sup, new guys! :cool:

Funny you should mention that. Less than a week ago, another filmmaker from your "backward barbarian country" joined the site here, with links to several films he'd made.

I'm tellin' ya, man... if you've got the will to make it happen, it can be done.

I'll try to find his intro for ya. He could be your neighbour, for all I know.
smiley_pac.gif

Of course it can be done. Anything can be done. But it's not that simple. I was referring to feature length movies. For example we have a 110 pages script which we want make into a movie. The first thing is the budget of course. The problem everyone has. But there are other problems here in Croatia--for example, the main two protagonists of the mentioned script are Americans, one is white the other is black. Here, we don't have any black persons so it's impossible to film it here. We would need to hire someone from abroad or something, which would strain our non-existent budget even more. And who would come anyway? That's just some of it, I won't rant about it here, but that's what I meant when I said backward country. It's almost impossible to make a feature length movie here since we don't even have major studios like in US or western Europe countries. So that only leave short movies, but they are also severely limited.

Back