Writing Partner, in search of

My third screenplay was optioned by Producer Wendy Finerman (Forrest Gump). I'm also a Nicholl quarterfinalist. I've been represented by one of the top three talent agencies, one of the top managers and am represented by the law firm Bloom Hergott (Todd Field, Brad Pitt, Nic Cage, Bruckheimer, Scorsese, Depp...you get the picture). I worked at the William Morris Agency for 10 years after graduating from law school. My previous screenplays were all written with a writing partner who no longer writes. I live in LA and am married with a two year old daughter.

Here are the types of films which inspire me and which I like to write. I may not love all on the list and it's definitely not all inclusive as this is what just came to mind. I think you'll get the idea of what I like:

Sling Blade
Badlands
Paper Moon
Training Day
Midnight Cowboy
Deliverance
Rosemary’s Baby
The Woodsman
House of Sand and Fog
You Can Count on Me
Winter’s Bone
The Savages
assassination of richard nixon
Collateral
The Machinist
The Visitor
A Perfect World
A Simple Plan
The Weather Man
Red Eye
Into the Wild
Stone (ed norton)
The Machinest
Taxi Driver (ed norton)
Lord of War
King of Comedy
Leaves of Grass ]
Down in the Valley
25th Hour (ed norton)
The Shining
A History of Violence
Primal Fear (ed norton)
Before the Devil knows You’re Dead
The Crossing Guard
Michael Clayton
A History of Violence
Leaving Las Vegas
One Hour Photo
The Killer Inside Me
Death Sentence
Let the right one i
Joshua
Affliction
Good Will Hunting
Straw Dogs
The Verdict
The Town
The Wrestler
Beautiful Girls
Bringing Out the Dead
Reservation Road
Rosemary's Baby
Sean Penn
Polasnski
Bomback
McCarthy
In Bruges

I'm looking for a writing partner to go the distance with. Some with passion bordering on obsessiveness is okay too. Someone who just wants to write something that we think is great.

In the old days people used to post looking for writing partners at school on a board. Today it is the internet. Bono posted at his school. The Edge answered. I'm looking for that person. Someone who will not stop until they break through.

Yes, I've got great contacts. But that only makes my next screenplay that much more important. It can happen fast or not at all. So I want to write something that I'm proud of.

If you connect with what I'm saying you can reach me at mklein@themakcompany.com.

Michael

An interesting, very long list.

So what are you interested in writing next? I've never
written with a partner but I'd be open to talking about
it.

I'm curious - why do you have (ed norton) listed next
to Stone, Taxi Driver, 25th Hour and Primal Fear?

Wow what a list! I am looking for a partner too, and I think you would be perfect. Do you want me to email you so we can go more in depth? Also do you have any of your own scripts I could read?

With contacts like that I'm feeling more and more like The Edge...

@directorik: Your post made me 'lol'... please do explain the Ed Norton thing :)

We seem to have a similar taste in cinema unfortunately I'm in NJ so if you are only lookin or LA then I guess it's not worth throwin my hat in the ring

Back