• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Writing No Budget

I'll quote APE: Sound is half your experience.

While you're not going to get good sound within your 10 quid, at least if you do make a masterpiece, you're not going to ruin your chances with poor sound.

Anyway, thanks for putting out those tutorials.

Hi Paul. I would have loved it if you had referred to your own movie all the way, saying "this is how we did it".

Those opening shots need to look like shots from a serious movie.

I'll quote APE: Sound is half your experience.

While you're not going to get good sound within your 10 quid, at least if you do make a masterpiece, you're not going to ruin your chances with poor sound.

Anyway, thanks for putting out those tutorials.

That's very good advice. No worries at all, thanks for watching.

Hi Paul. I would have loved it if you had referred to your own movie all the way, saying "this is how we did it".

Those opening shots need to look like shots from a serious movie.

Thanks for the feedback. That's a good point, I think the reason I frayed away from referring to our feature more often is because there were so many things we did within the film that we would have done differently the next time around.. it felt more natural to focus on more generic advice about perseverance etc. But maybe there would be value in doing that, dissecting the film in more detail..

That's an interesting point about the opening. To be honest I wanted to keep the introduction sequence very light, hence the 40s song, laughing etc, but if it was cut in a more 'serious' manner then it could set the tone in a different, possibly more positive direction.

Back