• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Would this character make this type of decision logically?

In my story, a cop (let's call him cop A) wants revenge on the villain because he thinks that the villain killed another cop (let's call him Cop B). The villain hears on the news that Cop A is on the loose and that he is likely out to kill the villain, and that other police are looking for him.

The villain and Cop B, were actually working together, but no one else knows that. So the villain thinks in order to get Cop A from coming after him out of revenge, he has to prove to him, that he was working with Cop B, and that he was not responsible for his death. The villain also hopes to prove to Cop A, that since Cop B was crooked and working with him, it's not worth avenging him, and getting charged with murder, especially when he is going after the wrong guy, over a corrupt cop anyway.

Now the villain has to contact Cop A to get proof of Cop B's corruption to him. However, would the villain logically do something like that to get Cop A off his back?

Mainly for the way I want the plot to go, I need Cop A and the villain to meet up in the same place and time, so is this a reason for the villain to make contact with Cop A, saying he needs to talk and show him proof as to why it's not worth avenging Cop B, and that he wasn't directly involved in his death?

Or what would the villain logically do if this were the case, in order to stop Cop A from getting revenge on him?

Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate it.

Haha:

Villain hears on the news cop is on the loose to kill him?

"Today's headlines:
1000s of Syrian refugees walk from Croatia to Austria.
Lt. Smith is on the loose to kill ganger Pete S."

Back