• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Worst Film Of All Time

There are a bunch of really really bad films out there which one hopes that honesty with future potential screenwriters will help to avoid wasting the public's money on.

- GIGLI - I admt that I have never seen it, but if every deal on the film was successfully foreclosed upon and every resale deal concluded, it worked out that that and the box office return would still not been enough to pay for Ben Affleck and J Lo's salary for the production, assuming NO-ONE ELSE whatsoever was paid. The box office returns were so bad that it was calculated that even if those who are required by their contract of employment to see it, namely filmreviewers of small provincial newspapers who don't get free tickets, the box office would have been higher.

- Christian Slater's Box Office Meltdown - THe title escapes me but he had a recent movie that was so bad, it opened in jus tone conema in London England where, on the basis of the value of the tickets sold, it can be estimated that less than 19 people saw it in the week it was on before it closed for good.

- Town & Country -This was a truly Titanic project - the careers of a score of A List actors and actresses went down on this leaky canoe. Numerous top film actresses found themselves unable to work, their names tarnished with thsi movie and were seen months or years later struggling for survival in cheap TV comedy series and and/or, like Andy McDowell, forced to advertise make-up for a living afterwards. The movie was so bad that the production company actually paid teams of people worldwide to go around riping down the posters to try to get it forgotten about as soon as possible after ti was pulled from the cinemas after just 12 days.

- 8 Women - If stars are wonders that shine in the sky and trash lies at the bottom of the ocean then the flick "8 Women" does not just lie on the seabed... it'in a galaxy about 2,000 trilion light years away. A film about sexual impropriety, mainly kiddy fiddling, it was written by a man who actually convicted and jailed as a pedaphile during production. No studio wanted it, however, since they did want Francois Ozon's other film, he used his "muscle" to refuse release of the other film unless, "* Women" wqs also released. So, why is "8 Women" so utterly unique? Genuinely, one can put one's hand on one's heart and say, with no doubt, that EVERRY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE PRODUCTION CREW F**KED UP. Not only is it a lame plot in a poorly written script with joke bad lines, shot on a wobbly stage with hammy lousy acting, but the sound quality is so trash that everyone sounds as if they are speaking with cotton wool in their mouth through a paper bag, about a tenth of a second out of sync (in additoin to off-key music), but even the colour development of the film itself went wrong adding to camera work so poor and blurry in places and the microphone boom makes so many appearances it is surprising it was not listed in the credits ..which also happen to be spelt incorrectly in places. Absolutely EVERYTHING is wrong with it. It truly is an insult to one's intelligence. Believe me, no film ever looks bad no matter how badly reviewed after seeing "8 Women" the true NADIR of all production quality.

-

Last edited:
Again, I never assume the film remotely resembles the script unless written by the director. A decent script can be worked over between the producer, director and actors to be almost a total re-write. I can understand what you are saying about the quality of the film, but I'm sure that's not on a future screenwriter's mind, to create garbage. If you ever see the comedy "The Producers", some of these projects come to mind. Not every film that starts production ends up being made. Roger Corman made a version of the Fantastic Four that was never released. There was a documentary made that talked about it called "Doomed! The Untold Story of Roger Corman's "The Fantastic Four". You can also check out the trailer and article here: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01...-about-the-roger-corman-fantastic-four-movie/

Back