Workflow/Exporting Videos/Compression

Okay, I've been editing videos for awhile and exporting them but they always look horrible, I recently learned what Workflow means and I still don't have an idea of Exporting video. I recently filmed a some band interviews with an HV30 in 24p mode. I imported the video under HDV 24p settings in CS3. I just have the entire video edited and I'm ready to export the video. I have no idea what settings to use to have the best results. What should I have all the settings as? Also I'm wondering about compression. As soon as this is exported I'm ready to put it on a DVD. What program should I use to compress? How should I compress this before burning on a DVD? Or should I just buy Adobe Encore?

EDIT: I just read about removing pull down. I currently Capture with HDV Split ------>Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 ------>????------->DVD
I also read that some people convert the M2T file after capturing it they use AVIsynth to convert it to .avi what would this do? Should my process look like HDV Split----->AviSynth----->Pulldown Removal------> Adobe Premiere Pro CS3------>?????------>DVD. Any tips would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Back