• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Word, the feature film

Hello, please help support my friend's campaign "Word".

It's a 90 minute feature film that portrays how pure, simple communication can make the world better. We celebrate your favourite words and weave them together into a story which is about you. The idea is to invite everybody from everywhere to submit a video containing their favourite words, things or people. It can be a sign, a pigeon, their Grandfather. Or people can film themselves tell us about anything that means something to them. Creativity is highly encouraged so writing on a napkin, a coaster, on the sand or on a misty window will do as well. We will then form a seamless film around these videos.

http://www.indiegogo.com/word

Uhh...that's a lot of money to request when most of the work is being done by other people. It might make a good two minute youtube video but 90 minutes of words?

Uhh...that's a lot of money to request when most of the work is being done by other people. It might make a good two minute youtube video but 90 minutes of words?

Well IMO, writing, planning and shooting your own script easier 'cos it's within your control. But to take 200 different footages of different colours, people and themes, and try to make it into one seamless and interesting story is way harder. And it's not just words, I've added the paragraph from their description below.

The idea is to invite everybody from everywhere to submit a video containing their favourite words, things or people. It can be a sign, a pigeon, their Grandfather. Or people can film themselves tell us about anything that means something to them. Creativity is highly encouraged so writing on a napkin, a coaster, on the sand or on a misty window will do as well. We will then form a seamless film around these videos.

Thanks for your input anyway.

I used to shoot live events or candids where I shot lots of footage and then had to edit some type of story from that. It was as real pain, hence I don't do it anymore. It's an artsy idea and one they used to do on youtube. Often an upcoming youtube star would post a video challenge and have their subscribers send him/her something and the youtube star would mash it up in a video. I think the feature length 90 minute portion is your biggest challenge.

Hi Paul thanks for the tip. It's true this kind of idea is more on the artsy side. And I passed along all the feedback to my friend (the film maker) and he's taking them seriously. Especially the duration of the film. He says to him there's no hard and fast rule about it being 90 mins, maybe it's 60 or 45mins. But he has an idea of how to treat it in terms of style and making it work. But you're right, however long it is, it'll still be a mighty challenge, but it's something he relishes I think.

Back