Wireless Lapel Mics?

In a previous thread I mentioned the possibility of using my Tascam FW1082 to capture sound on set. Someone mentioned that its not useful for run and gun sound. I was wondering how many people use wireless lapel mics?

I was thinking that I could run them through the Tascam which has its own onboard sound card which is much better than the one in my laptop. What are the pros and cons of wireless lapel mics?

I see your point, no problem. I just hate seeing people sold 700mhz stuff and told, hey, you can use it, it still works. While I don't think the band is currently congested with the new traffic, in time it will be.

We've always had good discourse, no different. Or maybe I'm just in a great mood playing with my new Canon 60D:)

Sorry, GP, I'm in a nit-picky mood today.

Your post read sort of like the 700 MHz frequencies are now illegal - like Prohibition made liquor illegal - rather than the new regs delineated and restricted to whom and how the 700MHz band would be allocated. Rather lawyerly of me, I know, but I've been dealing with a lot of that kind of crap recently.

I watched the video and it gave me quite a few ideas. I'll stick with the mics I have and maybe buy 1 or 2 more, placing them in obscure places to capture sound.

Back