• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Winter. Short film

Hey guys and gals, I wanted to make a simple video to show its winter here in canada. If you could so kinda tell me what I need to improve on in this video. From examining it myself I feel I need to improve on my color correction and color grading what do you guys say???

Dont forget to watch in HD!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-4_bkqBuw

Something I noticed, there was a jump cut when you were doing that handheld moving shot and then when it was on a tripod and you came out the back door. Not hand holding the camera, even when doing a moving shot try and keep it on the tripod and then carry the whole tripod for the moves, might help make it a bit more stable. Besides that though it wasn't too bad I liked it. It was simple and had emotion and story to it.

the colour grading is pretty bad, but actually, with a bit of planning, you could have done something a bit more exciting.. for example:

you could have made it seem like you were doing your work, then you could hear this jingle or something, you go outside (where theres no snow) then you look around as you do, then you could have walked a bit more forward (mask off the area) then walk through whats like a portal, into a world of snow..

its hard filming yourself so it was good in that perspective, you should have recorded blank sound from outside and added that into the sound to give it a bit more feel

Back