• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Windows

I'm a new member of the forum, although I have a (very bad) screenplay available online entitled "Reapers" about a scourge of violent cannibals that descend on a small town and terrorize a teenager and her close friends. However, my first project, which I am currently roughly twenty pages into, is entitled "Windows" and I am very devoted to it. However, as I might be moving soon, my life is a bit complicated at the moment and as such I am not available to get as much writing done as I would like. Is there anyone at all available to help me make some progress on my screenplay? If you're at all interested, just respond! I am open to anything at this point, as I've recently begun dwelling on ideas about a Dario Argento-inspired modern trilogy of modern mayhem. (Feel free to message me about that, also, as I'm open to any and all input at this point!)

Anyway, the official synopsis of "Windows" is as follows:

Set in the gritty nightlife culture of downtown Austin, Texas, WINDOWS follows young hipster server Dylan and her eclectic group of friends as they descend further into the haze of drugs, booze, and sex. After a bad fight with her girlfriend and being fired from work, Dylan bikes home for the night with the hopes of soon returning to California for the summer. Unfortunately, someone has been watching Dylan for a very long time now and refuses to let her leave.

In hindsight, the film starts off as a "drama" about a girl whom hates her roommate and becomes disillusioned by all of the drugs and wild sex parties she partakes in. The climax of the film involves an unexpected visitor at her apartment in the middle of the night which culminates in a brutal bloodbath that stretches across the city as Dylan desperately seeks help. Though I am only twenty pages in, this is a project I am interested in completing. My second project is the aforementioned Dario Argento-inspired trilogy with the start-off brain-fuck tale CRADLE UNDER THE STAR.

Anyway, if you've made it this far through my convoluted post, thank you very much! I appreciate any input whatsoever and hope to somehow improve my craft, as I'm still an amateur at this point despite whatever contacts I may have.

Is anyone at all remotely interested in reading "Windows" or contributing somehow? I know there are many other struggling artists in the genre. Best to all!

Last edited:
Perhaps you can post a link to the first 5-10 pages so the group can give you feedback. The logline is gripping, but it would be useful to see a sample of your writing. Perhaps you can post the link to "Reapers".

Back