• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Will audiences believe a police procedure like this?

I and another actor are training for parts in the script I want to direct where we will play police officer characteres, along side the main actor, whoever we cast. In the training, a former cop who is teaching us, taught us a move of how to reach into someone's mouth and tear out the person's cheek literally. I and my friend actor their thought it could be possible, but he said it that it's taught, and that he saw that a cop had done that to a perp after arriving on the scene of a case once. And I thought, well that's going in the script, during one of the fight scenes.

But you never see cops do that to perps in movies, so I wonder if audiences will believe such a move of wild physics. Will they if they see it, and it's done well, or will they think that movies like that, are unrealistic movie mumbo jumbo? I mean you see things like that in a Steven Seagal movie, but never a movie like End of Watch, which is more what I am going for. And audiences are accustom to certain things being believed in certain movies.

Last edited:
Back