Why is it indie films looks like video?

It's not bad, but honestly it still looks like cheap video, to my eyes.

THe grading helps, but doesn't change the poor compositions overall.

I think besides the lighting and a good camera having a jib and dolly would help a lot. Having camera movements that match what you see on films versus videos. Less hand held shots more dolly and jib or steady cam. Just a thought.

I think besides the lighting and a good camera having a jib and dolly would help a lot. Having camera movements that match what you see on films versus videos. Less hand held shots more dolly and jib or steady cam. Just a thought.

Yeah i was actualy thinking of building a DIY dolly or getting Steadicam nano maby even both:lol:

I am in total agreement. Didn't have time on GT. But with Evade, I plan to have plenty of it. This time I have a DOP with over 20 years experience who I can talk to about shots. Also, a friend of mine who has some great equipment is on board. He does a ton of work.

I am in total agreement. Didn't have time on GT. But with Evade, I plan to have plenty of it. This time I have a DOP with over 20 years experience who I can talk to about shots. Also, a friend of mine who has some great equipment is on board. He does a ton of work.

I think you might know (or even be talking about) Ron Coons, who is my DP.

Back