• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

who here uses licensing sites?

I've got some odds and ends that I'd like to post on some music licensing sites. I've heard good things about AudioSparx. Does anyone here license their music through a third party? If so, where do you post your stuff? And for non-musicians, where do you look first if you want stock music for a film?

A friend of mine uses StockMusic.net from time to time, to license songs from.

Dunno how it compares to other sites, or even if they'd take "odds & ends". They are looking for more material, though. Link's on the frontpage of the website.

Fantastic! Thanks Michael, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll check out StockMusic.net as well. It looks like there are several good avenues here for vocal music as well, so I might be able to get more of my music working for me than the individual projects I've been doing. Either way, it looks like I have a LOT of reading ahead of me!

AudioSparx
Is it $39.95 for a producer to download and use as much music as he wants??? Is that right? Sounds like a RAW deal for the musician! Why sell yourself out?
I'd check out the MasterSource music catalog. As a musician you want to get out of the $39.95 all you can eat business and instead sell your stuff to BIG productions for top dollar even if it only comes along once in a while. Maybe you can get established with one big licensing deal of one track.

Back