• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where to buy Premiere Pro, on a budget

I need to get Premiere Pro. (I don't want the whole "Creative Cloud" package thing -- just a copy of Premiere Pro.) I am operating on a very tight budget (actually NO budget), and am trying to find it at a more affordable price.

Does anybody know of a legitimate company that sells Premiere at a decent price? I found a site online called NextTech Direct that claims to sell it for $385. But I've been told that if the price seems really good, there is probably a catch.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. It's just hard to come up with 8 or 900 bucks for a piece of software.

Thank you..

The only cheap way to get it is by pirating. And that is why CC exists. It's kinda a genius business model, in my opinion. I personally have no need to upgrade to the latest software yet, but when I do have that need, it's CC all the way for me.

You might consider the CC. It's $20 a month for a single app. Still plenty of money if you have no budget. But less than $385 or more for an older version, which, if I've read right, Adobe will no longer provide support for (maybe that doesn't matter). But of course, that's only for a years worth of use if you go CC.

Subscription Terms. Well, is that saying that you can cancel from month to month? Or is it saying that you only have the first 30 days to cancel, otherwise you're locked into the year?

I don't know. Weren't they selling PP6 for like 7 or 8 or even 900 bucks or whatever? It would be nice to actually own a hard copy of the software. But, if you can't afford those kinds of prices, it's difficult not to find $240 a year more palatable. At least in the short term.

Another vote for CC for me. Hard to get much more affordable than that. Many people spend more on their coffee than what it costs per day to subscribe to Adobe's latest and greatest. And then you have all the software to take a project from pre-pro with Story, all through post and marketing.

Back