Where to buy a lens...

Greetings everyone,

I'm in the market for anamorphic (preferably "scope") cinema lenses. Does anyone know where I can find these at a decent price? I would prefer to purchase a used lens as I am sure new stuff will cost me more than I have to spend. I'm looking for 35mm cine lenses but 16mm would do as well.

All you film experts out there - help?

really? I saw quite a few.. just search for 'anamorphic'

Ok, so maybe there's not that many.. but some is better than none.. the cheapest I saw on the B&H website was $900, and that's just for the Panasonic DVX100a I think

yeah B&H doesn't carry any. I know that these things can be EXPENSIVE. I'm looking for an older cheaper lower quality piece of glass.

I'll take a look on ebay again. There were a few last time I checked but none that (quite) seemed right for my purposes.

Just realized I didn't respond to this!

I'm actually shopping around for a camera at the moment. I have never worked with scope before so I'm really looking forward to it. I've shot film stuff before but this will be my first time owning (and of course using scope).

Hello. Does anybody know of any workshops, classes, or seminars on using movie cameras such as 16mm, 35mm or even digital/HD in Northern California? I'm interested in learning some of the technical stuff about filmmaking and using a camera (without breaking it) is my first goal. Thanks a lot.

What about IFP? don't they have any classes out there? I suppose they'd all be down in LA though.. but I know the Minneapolis IFP has classes all the time, I've heard nothing but good things about them too.

Oh yeah, if you ever decide to go take that Dov Siemens class, apparently IFP members get a HUGE discount too. Or so I've heard.

Back