What's the difference?

I'm applying for funding for my next Short Film. Can someone explaining the difference between the following
1. Project Development Schedule
2. Productions Schedule based on Script

My understanding is, Project Development Schedule is the timeframe from Pre to Post Production, and Production Schedule is the Shooting Schedule....Am I very wrong, any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I'm applying for funding for my next Short Film. Can someone explaining the difference between the following
1. Project Development Schedule
2. Productions Schedule based on Script

My understanding is, Project Development Schedule is the timeframe from Pre to Post Production, and Production Schedule is the Shooting Schedule....Am I very wrong, any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I think you just answered your own question in the definitions you've supplied.

Project Development suggests conceptual design, production design, and the building of your cast and crew to be ready for production shooting, as well as marketing and branding during post production. So this sort of schedule includes everything from the inception of the idea all the way to the premiere of the film. And Production Schedules based on script are just that: they are a break-down of hours, days, weeks, and months to accommodate best for the needs of each page of the script, and how each scene can be photographed and in-the-can within a reasonable amount of time based on the breadth of the budget. Once the film is completely shot, though, then the "Production Schedule" is done, and the Production Development Schedule resumes. One is simply a small piece of the other.

I would say that Project Development Schedule covers everything; From the development phase (before pre-prod) to the marketing and distribution phase (after post-prod) and up to release.

Production Schedule based on script is almost certainly the same as shooting schedule, although I have seen "Production Schedule" used for the schedule of the production and post-production.

G

Back