What you guys think?

I am using a desktop to do everything include video editing. Here's the specifications:

Intel Core i5 750
4GB DDR3 RAM
2 HDD (500GB and 1TB)
ATI HD 5750 DDR5 1GB graphic card
550W power supply
1x 20" LG LCD Monitor

With these specifications my computer still not efficient enough for video editing. Which one you think I should upgrade?

By the way, I am thinking of to get one SSD as primary drive. Is it worth? And which brand would be better?

Depends on the type of footage you plan to edit. DV, for example, would be smooth sailing with that computer, DSLR would be difficult but possible, and RED would be impossible.

1.5 TB of storage is plenty, if you're making shorts, but if you're making a feature, you'll need more.

First thing I'm seeing is that you should upgrade RAM.

Thanks for comment. What is RED by the way? And I am just making short videos like commercial and some music videos at the moment. Still saving money for professional DV Cam though... The RAM would be upgraded when I got enough savings.. haha...

Oh yea, what about SSD? is it not necessary to get one? Since it's pretty expensive for me as I am just a student...

RED is a camera manufacturer. Produces stunning quality video, but the files are hefty to edit.

You would definitely need a RAM upgrade. That should be your top thing to consider.
In case you edit with Adobe Premiere, I would suggest getting a Nvidea Cuda card (480GTX for example), as they help with the speed of the edit.
Adobe also handles 6 Core Processors quite well, so If you have the money sometime, the 980X or 990X could be an alternative to the I5 :D

RED is a camera manufacturer. Produces stunning quality video, but the files are hefty to edit.

You would definitely need a RAM upgrade. That should be your top thing to consider.
In case you edit with Adobe Premiere, I would suggest getting a Nvidea Cuda card (480GTX for example), as they help with the speed of the edit.
Adobe also handles 6 Core Processors quite well, so If you have the money sometime, the 980X or 990X could be an alternative to the I5 :D

Oh... What about Quadro graphic card? Is it really useful? And SSD doesn't really help much?
And I edit video mostly with Sony Vegas.

Back