• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What would you want in a website of free sound effects/music?

Hi Indietalk-ers!

I'm working on a project that will make high-quality sound effects and music available to anyone for free. I want to take in as much input from the community as possible, to make this place a truly valuable resource for amateurs, students, even pros. I'm very serious about making the experience as effortless as possible for the user.

My question to you is, what aspects of finding, obtaining, and implementing sound effects do you find annoying or difficult, and how could I make this easier?

Also, what makes a sound effect useful to you? Multiple variations, multiple lengths, intensities etc? Are there any rare sound effects you wish were available?

There are no "license tricks", you can download all of the sound effects, use them in however many productions you want, no matter how small or how large. Simple!

Any input is appreciated!

Make them available in different formats?

Also, have some ambiance, and white noise type sfx, as well as the usual stuff like gun sounds, cars, planes, etc.

I like your new project. Hopefully it turns out well.

Back