• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What would you do if you found something unusual?

I didn't get it, maybe too clever for me. Also how was that balloon going to fly. I know that's a bit picky but that was my thought as it was being blown up.

He received a letter in a bottle from his older self with a list. The list was leaving notes for others to find. And then he sent a list to his younger self.

An interesting concept ... but spoilt by a badly smudged lens (or is that the crappy faux-bokeh on an android phone? :no: ) and no explanation of why the man does what he does. At first view, it's just a man going through each day doing ordinary stuff. OK, by the end, we've figured out that he's following the "instructions" of the message in the bottle, which by a quirk of time-and-space, he sent to himself - but why? The answer is (partially) in the text, but it's damn near impossible to read - badly lit, and skipped over too quickly; and even so, there's still no explanation for why this man would do those things. And why in that (wrong) order?

I happen to like the "message in a bottle" trope a lot, so I'm easily pleased when it comes to these stories (still waiting to find a bottle with a message in, but did once find a woman's [stolen] handbag and eventually tracked her down - 10000 miles away!) but regret to say I'm really struggling to see the point in this one. Sorry ... :tear:

That said, apart from the "smudged" lens, I thought there was a nice choice and variety of camera angles. The "total blackout" transitions were a bit disconcerting, though.

We definitely needed more story direction, it's one thing to be abstract, but it's also frustrating when you can't grasp something that's essential to a linear story. Keep at it!

Back