what to put on personal websites?

I'm a new f'ing guy to the video/film production world. So, I don't have much to offer. I wanted the website to be a selling tool for my services.

Should I concentrate on uploading more shorts and commercials that I have worked on in the past?

Or should I concentrate on making it look more professional?

My time as of late is pretty limited. :(

www.deceptionfilms.com

Good questions.

First, on your resume, reverse the order. Have work experience first and education 2nd. Take out the high school reference and only mention that you graduated from Full Sail. CUT GPA and the perfect attenance. Most working pros don't care much where you went to school unless they went to the same school. They want to know what you can do and that's you're past work experience. Also remove the graduation dates. You're at the age where you'll look like a young punk to old guys. (I'm getting to the age where I look like a old man to young punks. ;) ) Let you're experience and your work ethic speak for you, not age.

I would add some stills from stuff you've worked on to jazz up your site. Don't go crazy. If you can get some still from your recent projects add them to your news page. Something with you in it being active.

It doesn't hurt to have more clips on your site, but if you had a minor role on them like a PA, I wouldn't add them.

With all that said, most of your work comes from personal recommendations. 90% of my work comes from word of mouth.

Good luck,

Scott

Back