• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

what should i name my script?

My script is about a couple's break up. The whole film takes place during the night of the break up. I'm torn between four names, Is that it?, Rob and Kate, The break up of Rob and Kate, and Joyful Division. What do you guys think? It would be a big help.

Out of them, I would go with "Rob & Kate".

I was also thinking about the name: "Why Tonight". But it depends on the story and if one of the character's says that.

Thanks,

Johnny McCaffery

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one because it implies the tone of the story. Could also be: If You Say So, You'll Come Back Crying, It'll Never Last, I Named The Cat, Then Goodbye, Sure Why Not, But I Just Ordered Pizza

Joyful Division has my vote. Rob and Kate is very very boring in my opinion. It does not spark any interest. On the contrary, an uncreative movie title like that usually makes me have pre-notions that the film will be just as uncreative and boring. The Breakup of Rob and Kate falls into that category as well. Just my 2cents.

Joyful Division has my vote. Rob and Kate is very very boring in my opinion. It does not spark any interest. On the contrary, an uncreative movie title like that usually makes me have pre-notions that the film will be just as uncreative and boring. The Breakup of Rob and Kate falls into that category as well. Just my 2cents.

Yeah I understand what your saying. Now that I think about it I don't think I would be too excited to see a film named just rob and kate either

Riffing off of the Bard's own words.

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

http://www.enotes.com/shakespeare-quotes/good-night-good-night-parting-such-sweet-sorrow

How about: Sweet Sorrow

Juliet:
'Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone—
And yet no farther than a wan-ton's bird,
That lets it hop a little from his hand,
Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves,
And with a silken thread plucks it back again,
So loving-jealous of his liberty.

Romeo:
I would I were thy bird.

Juliet:
Sweet, so would I,
Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing.
Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow. [Exit above]

Maybe find a way to include some reference in your script?

Just a thought...

* or along similar lines:
Love's Parting
Love in Retrograde
The Waning Blush of Rapture
A Parting Embrace

** last one:
Heartache Moon

Last edited:
Swan Song

Keep in touch

First night of the rest of our lives

Let's stay friends

Rob Versus Kate (better than just Rob & Kate)

I don't even like you

I want my CDs back

At least there's no kids

I'm going to miss your sister

Just not IN love with you

Back