What now?

The screenplay is complete.

My Locations have been organized on a list.

I have mapped out characters, seperating speaking roles from non-speaking roles.

I have written down the music that I want to use for this film.

Where do I go from here?

Many Directions!

Hey,
I suppose you really need to sort out crew and cast. Do you have locations where you may need permission from someone? Even that can change on a daily basis though. I'm filming a feature in England, and even though we have permission from loads of different pubs/clubs, you find that the staff will let you film but then as soon as they have had enough and want to leave, that's it - your out. People dont share your dream and your dedication so be prepared to be let donw if you depend on people for locations.
Start looking through all the websites for your cast and crew and try to get them all on board with some idea of when you want to start shooting.
That's it - I'm done.
Good luck and let us know how you are progressing.
Dave.

Yeah that sucks about locations. Shooting is always glamourous to non-film people at first. They get excited and are like sure you can film, until they see the massive equipment and the long hours and boring downtime between shots. And the repetitive nature of multiple takes.

Then they can't wait to get the hell out of there. They usually are bored after 15 min to and hour and when it's time for them to go home, like was mentioned above - your fucked.

What are your goals? Do you want to sell the screenplay? Do you want to produce it yourself? Are you seeking funding? Are you looking for a production company? All these things require different things and different approaches. There’s not enough info to answer your question.

Back