What I really need is...

Okay dont kill me I am just new - but I am looking for a site to post my film (for free) so I can put it on this site - its just under 7 minutes and sort of a rough cut - but I want some feed back +/-

I am sure someone has asked this and I looked over most of the forums but if someone knows of a good place without berrating me - I would appreciate it.

Thank-you

No worries about being berrated. Everyone here is great :) Very friendly site.

How large is your file? I may be able to host it temporarily depending on the size.

Hi--I really like the website host service I use. I get 1000MB of storage and 25GB of transfer per month. It isn't free (like you were hoping for) but they only charge $4.99 per month. They actually just bill me $29.94 every six months. It works out well. If you are interested, go to the links page on my website and follow the link for Web Hosting.

http://www.bophe.com/links.htm

I don't want to list the name of the company here because I do not recall if the board has rules about promoting things like this. I guess they will let me know if they do!

Good luck, and please let us know when we can watch your movie!

Cool thanks for the info - My movie is 173 MB - I can either email it or send you a CD - or if it is too big I can look into Johns lead. Let me know!

Thanks

yeah that's a bit much for my server to handle at the moment with everything else I have packed on there. Sorry!

hosting movie

naverdolquin said:
Okay dont kill me I am just new - but I am looking for a site to post my film (for free) so I can put it on this site - its just under 7 minutes and sort of a rough cut - but I want some feed back +/-

I am sure someone has asked this and I looked over most of the forums but if someone knows of a good place without berrating me - I would appreciate it.

Thank-you

Trever Brown has an FTP Site
i will also have my ftp soon

trevor tjbrown@hotmail.com on msn
john jordan dilate_1@hotmail.com

meet us online

dudebro said:
Hi NaverD, reelmind.com allows free online film hosting.

Cool thanks for the info - I signed up last week on a site and for the life of me I cannot download my movie through the FTP to the site - its driving me NUTS! It goes for about an hour and then just cuts off. Today I had it 90% through and it stopped. I tried kicking the computer but that didn't work. And yes I have called tech support 7 times in the last 8 days - anyone have any tips or ideas? 173 MB - Have a P4 computer w/comcast cable. Its in media player format .avi - is there something I am missing? The site I signed on to supports 1000mb - using wise FTP transfer - I tried IE FTP transfer but that kicked me off too.

Any help would be appreciated! heck I may even pay to have this put on -

Dude! You have to compress that movie. That is WAY... wait I mean WAY!!! to big...

What is the size of the short? 720x480, 640x480, 320x240, 160x120?

What did you use to edit the short?

I'm sure you have Cinepak compression.. Use anything...

CootDog said:
Dude! You have to compress that movie. That is WAY... wait I mean WAY!!! to big...

What is the size of the short? 720x480, 640x480, 320x240, 160x120?

What did you use to edit the short?

I'm sure you have Cinepak compression.. Use anything...

Thanks Coot - that seemed to work - I will now put it in the screening room

Back