What Draws you to Filmmaking?

All of the above!

Mainly storytelling. I started out drawing comics and writing short stories, then moved into making animated films, then screenwriting, then live-action shorts, then writing/directing/acting in plays and feature films, and I just published my first book. It's all about telling the story.

I'm pretty sure I have no idea.

What draws a moth to the flame? Or catholics to guilt? I guess it's just something I have to do...

The Passion

I can't really put my finger on what makes me want to write and make films, it just this fascination I've had since I was a teenager. I think it was after I saw Star Wars I wanted to make movies. Me and my best friend (also a filmmaker) used to write our own screenplays and get the video camera out and some fake blood and start shooting. I love movies and the whole process that goes into making one, the combined passion of a crew of people who all share the same goal, vision; of making a film. It's awesome especially when you call "it's a wrap".

I am happy to say I have been fortunate to made two films, one as a writer / director and the most recent as producer. The first film was a vampire flick called 'Reign in Darkness' and the more recent a horror / thriller I produced and Kelly Dolen my best friend directed called 'The Gates of Hell'

Back