What do you think of Avatar?

It was visually stunning, nicely executed, but we've just seen that story SOOOO many times. (cough) Kevin Costner with blue people (cough)...

BTW, D-lev, funny you should mention the connection between tsaheylu and everybody's favorite glaucoma treatment. In the deleted scenes, there is an instance in which Jake takes part in a rite of passage that essentially amounts to him tripping balls!

And to the OP, I can see what you mean. Look at these screenshots, it's like they're watching a game of football. Geez, show some emotion, would 'ya!

screenhunter07nov081523.gif

screenhunter09nov081526.gif

They must be watching a Steelers game.

Did I find it intellectually stimulating? No. Was the acting great? No. Was the story or script great? No. Was the musical score great? No. The 3d visuals were extremely impressive and the sound was excellent but not a filmmaking milestone, the editing and pacing were also good without being great. As a filmmaker, with the possible exception of the 3D and CGI, the film was pretty boring and totally forgettable.

As a member of the public though I thought the film was excellent, easily one of the best of the year! It was involving, spectacular, stunning and to top it off the good guys won and the bad guys got killed and/or humiliated. It won't go down in the history books as one of the great cinema masterpieces but the level of entertainment the audience experienced was worth at least double or triple the cost of their ticket. Which is why so many paid to see it again. Great film!

G

Did I find it intellectually stimulating? No. Was the acting great? No. Was the story or script great? No. Was the musical score great? No. The 3d visuals were extremely impressive and the sound was excellent but not a filmmaking milestone, the editing and pacing were also good without being great. As a filmmaker, with the possible exception of the 3D and CGI, the film was pretty boring and totally forgettable.

As a member of the public though I thought the film was excellent, easily one of the best of the year! It was involving, spectacular, stunning and to top it off the good guys won and the bad guys got killed and/or humiliated. It won't go down in the history books as one of the great cinema masterpieces but the level of entertainment the audience experienced was worth at least double or triple the cost of their ticket. Which is why so many paid to see it again. Great film!

G

+Infty

Back