• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What do people want to read next?

I'm off to Croatia for a week, so I'll start this discussion now and pick it up when I come back.

We're reading "Bringing Out the Dead" right now, and I was thinking that something mainstream, high concept and a script that would sell even if a newbie wrote it, might be a good idea.

How about a classic - "Leathal weapon" or "Jaws" I don't know. Over to you guys.

It's a Wonderful Life is one of my all time favorite films... So I'm in...

It's funny, but Die Hard always struck me as a Christmas Film as well (obviously it took place at Christmas, and I believe it came into the theatre's than as well)

I vote Dude Where's My Car? Anyone....anyone at all... wait guys I was just kidding....waitttt...seriously i was...hey, what do we need guns for... it was just a joke...ahhhhh come on. *gunshots*... you killed my mom you assholes.

Seems like the finalists are set for this round, but I have a future suggestion: Breaking Away...

Oscar Winner, plus does a great job of putting a plot in an environment that's supposed to feel stagnent. Also would be a good exercise in reading action sequences with little or no dialogue (Training on his bike v. the truck; the Little 500 climax).

Just a suggestion.

A Long Kiss Goodnight!!!! YES!!

YES. Shane Black. Man Clive you know my love for that guy. On the subject of Shane Black FINALLY saw Kiss Kiss a few weeks ago. Magic film. Genius even. Great script, great direction and a superb cast...

Drool... the kind of film I wished I had made!

Back