what do i need?

i'm wanting to get started making shorts. was thinking of going the dslr route. i'm looking at a t2i or t3i. then i need a mic? do either of the canon's have a mic input? lighting? sorry for being a total noob. thanks for any and all help, guys!

What do you need to be a filmmaker?
You will have to approach people that you do not know and ask them to do things that they may not want to.

Attachments

• huevos motivational.jpg
    huevos motivational.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 77
I know that many on IndieTalk are opposed to this view of working on other projects before beginning your own; they feel that you should jump in feet first. And that may work well for some people. But my position is that you can observe the mistakes that others are making and then, when working on your own projects, not repeat those mistakes.

What Alcove said is such good advice, I'm going to repeat it by quoting it above!

I'll add that first impressions are only made once. By jumping in first, you may ruin the chance to create a great impression that you're organized and know what you're doing. Yes, many people learn by doing, it may be worthwhile to stop and think whether this is the best option for you to start with.

Back