What are you working on?

Just curious what film projects you all are working on if you can share them?

Me,

I'm submitting and attending as many FF's as I can for HFD.

Finishing the BTS material and the HD version to go on the DVD.

Will be setting up a screening in Gold Beach/Brookings OR where the film was shot.

----

Have 3 strong potentials for my next short. Having a tough time deciding which - 1 is romance/drama the other is scifi/drama . The other is just drama. I will likely shoot this on my new 16mm auricon.

Making contacts in the NW and elsewhere, and prepping for my eventual first feature which I have decided on but haven't finished the script.

How about you guys?

I've got two feature screenplay projects that are both currently in rewrite. I'm confident that one or both of them will be sold by the end of the year.

I've also got some interest from a backer for my next feature production, which is a very unusual vampire story, in that it's all based on documented events. I'm hoping it will go into production by the autumn.

If it doesn't, I'll just add the screenplay to my slate.

Im keeping busy too..I have been busy here rebuilding the screen for the festival in Aug..Its hard dangerous work and we have been at it for about a month now..its luikley to be done bythis weekend..heres couple pics!<BR>
screenconstruction4w.jpg

Me?

"Rubble" and "Killer Squirrel" are out to festivals. I am sure I'll submit to many more this year.

"The Rapture" principle photography starts July 1st. I am producing. I am also the SAG liason- that's a lot of paper...

I have one nearly finished feature screenplay (family film) and am working on another (drama).

Oh, and I'm moving in 3 days- ARGH!

Too much to do.

I've finished post production and am pushing through the post process (<nudge>, <nudge>) to try to hit some of these festivals that are coming up...not making any commitments though as the schedule has slid so much through the course of this project, that I've stopped being that stressed about the schedule.

I'm starting an ad firm with friends (will vincent is one of them), I'm working on the tv/radio side of things with some web dev thrown in. We should be painfully busy in the next few months as clients start to send projects our way.

<blatant plug>
Send work our way...I'll give phone number for our sales guy to anyone who PM's me (commission: 10% for the project you bring in - 5% any project they do with us after that).
</end plug>

Working on the yafi website to try to get content that people will find useful (turnkey filmmaking is progressing slowly - I'm not entirely happy with it the way it is now...not easy enough, too thick and meaty).

Waiting for the doors to close at work (October 31 now), and trying to keep two teenaged siblings from killing one another...I wouldn't trade it for the world, fatherhood is rewarding.

I've started working on a short feature within the last week.

My goal was to release at least one feature per quarter, but have been very distracted (WoW).

No, don't ask for a synopsis, I'd rather you be surprised when it's done. :D

What am I working on film wise?

Some VFX work.

The starting of another new business, which will help out certain types of filmmakers.

Trying to find someone to replace the guy I just fired from the 3D project I've been working on for a LONG time!

...I have been trying to get my documentary moving again since after the holidays. :(

I still don't have a videographer, this website is becoming the bane of my existance. I am in debt up to my you know what!!!

I think I will have to get a videographer as I go, per segment. I haven't been able to contact my subjects again because I want to have something to show, hence the problem with the website is compounded.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! (stamps foot indignantly...or tantrum-like).

....I need a vacation...course, I would fill it up with this documentary....which wouldn't be such a bad thing......(sigh)...I'm okay now....:rolleyes:

-- spinner :cool:

Finishing the post-production on my first feature which should be done in the next several weeks. Hopefully attending some festivals with it. I'm currently writing the sequel to said feature as well as trying to figure out the best way to finance my next feature, an adaptation of a novel. I've also been asked if I'm interested in directing a feature for a company (which I am) but it's still in development and I'm sure I'm going up against other directors for the job. Crossing my fingers though...

pre-production of a soccer learning video that is planned to be shot in June, pre-training/structure fight sequences workout for my feature The Rapture, slated for July 1-13 shoot dates. Getting a lot other stuff done for The Rapture, pre-production of another feature for a friend in fall, and pre-planning of next feature for next year...

Going to a set location today with my DP, my SFX guy, my co-producer and a fellow filmmaker bud who will grip for me. It's a 30 sec. Spec. Commercial to be shot here in Dallas on June 6th. I still need extras and PA's.

The Board of Directors of the"Former Texas Rangers" are now reading my western script "Justice" after their President read the script (about a Texas Ranger in 1877) and is endorsing it. Another 10 letters of Endorsement couldn't hurt with the potential investors.

Another filmmaker friend is reading my cop-thriller to consider co-producing with his investors.

As for me... been a busy month and a half but don't feel like I have gotten anywhere.

Still plugging Away on FIXERS (www.fixersthemovie.co.uk)

Starting a new film called TEN DEAD MEN very soon

Seeing our first film LEFT FOR DEAD finally arrive on DVD in the UK (and Middle East and Taiwan)

Supervising the UMD release for LEFT FOR DEAD (www.left4dead.co.uk)

And seeing our online comic book NIGHT WARRIOR also go onto UMD in the states. (www.nw-comic.co.uk)

Appart from that not much!! ha!

Working on a hopefully final draft of a screenplay before sending it back to the script consultant I use. Also outlining a comedy that I'll be writing next.

Working on moving. It's taking longer and being more annoying than planned. Should have guessed ;)

Currently building a new computer. Nice AMD 4800+ CPU and two SLI'd nVidia 7900 GTX cards with a bunch of other goodies. It's amazing how much you save when building these things yourself...

Also trying to find time to finish up a tutorial on color correction for everyone here on Indietalk. It's taken a long time.... too much real life getting in the way. :P Thinking about making a DVD that teaches Color Grading with After Effects 7. Just need to find the time.

i was thinking of building another computer but gotta wait.. no time hey Shaw, get that color grading with AE done quick, I would buy a copy (as long as it's not like an arm and leg) :)

Back