Weird interference on video test

Hey all

Im still testing my new T3i and im testing the video portion at this point and im having issues.

Im getting a weird pixlation on the video when i playback on my pc in MVI. On the T3i, live and playback it is fine but when i tfer over to the pc there are thick pixlated lines comming up on the video. Now i havent converted or edited this file in anyway...i tried to google search my issue but i cant seem to find anyone that is having this issue. Anybody have any ideas....

on a side not i have not updated the firmeware on the camera or added any software from the discs that were shipped with the camera....And my stills look great..at least on mpeg..i havent looked at the raw files yet. also using a class10 16g sdhcard

Are these video files dammaged and unsaveable?

Im still struggling with this issue....some one said its the codex..i have tried another pc/laptop..the video did not have the pixlation lines thru it but it did keep freezing...he tried a few players and got it to run but it was jumpy.

still looking for some ideas what it might be.

How old is the PC? Even with proper codecs (as it seemed your friend's PC had) Playing full 1080P straight from the camera can be taxing on a PC with less than a couple of gigs of RAM. My PC plays it fine, but it's a year old and has 6GB of RAM.

How old is the PC? Even with proper codecs (as it seemed your friend's PC had) Playing full 1080P straight from the camera can be taxing on a PC with less than a couple of gigs of RAM. My PC plays it fine, but it's a year old and has 6GB of RAM.

2-3 yrs old....amd x2...770-G45 msi motherboard..msi R4550 graphics card....

My ram is not maxed yet and i plan on buying a new msi graphics card prob a HIS H675F1GD Radeon HD 6750

but i did not pull the video straight from the camera its self, but used a sd card reader and loaded into the HD..my buddy did the same...

i dont know this dose not bode well.....im in hope its not a terminal issue

Sounds like the bitrate is too high for either your CPU or hard drive. Try converting to another format like H.264 and manually set the bitrate to maybe 800kbps and see if the pixelation still occurs. If not, then the original bitrate is just too high for your computer to play natively.

If it is still present, then try a different SD card in your camera. Perhaps you are using a lower class of card that won't support the data rate of HD video. I think you need a Class 4 or higher for the T3i. You can also try reformatting the card with the camera to make sure it's not just having write issues.

Back