• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Weather effects

I'm not quite sure this is the right forum to post this in (forgive me, I'm relatively new)

But I was wondering how I can achieve weather effects in a movie post-filming. What software I should use that would come out the best and how to make it look real. I'm mainly interested in Rain and Snow effects, but I'm not quite sure how to go about doing them.

Thanks in advanced (just for reading :) )

-Zandt

Give this place a try. :cool:

http://www.detonationfilms.com/

They offer a lot of material in their FREE STUFF section... most is explosives and smoke effects, but they've started adding weather effects too.

Downloads are free, but they have extremely well priced CDs of the whole kit & kaboodle. Well worthing plopping a few bucks on.

:)

You might also want to think about combining Particle Illusion with Adobe After Effects... AE does rain but it's not the best and only really works for long shots. Particle Illusion will create some good 'particle' effects that can replicate snow and rain if you sit and tweak. Particle Illusion is by wondertouch.

Back