• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

We, The Screenwriter is downloadable

While not exactly a podcast WE, THE SCREENWRITER is available as a downloadable on-demand video for PC/Mac/PDA -- as well as on DVD. From Ronald D. Moore (BATTLESTAR GALACTICA) to Allison Burnett (RESURRECTING THE CHAMP), Frank Cappello (HE WAS A QUIET MAN) to Dana Fox (WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS), this award-winning feature film addresses the art, craft and business of being a scribe working in today's Hollywood.

With their credits spanning nearly every conceivable genre, the topics addressed by the 16 writers appearing in the film are equally eclectic, ranging from breaking into and staying in the business to the profession's impact on personal relationships, the writer's responsibilities, writing for TV versus features, writing on assignment versus on spec, pitching, adapting novels, rewriting, agents, young executives, ageism, dealing with studio notes, gender bias, writing for market, and much, much more.

Frankly, as a professional screenwriter for twenty-some years, as well as the director of the movie, I can tell you that I sought to address nearly everything I believe emerging screenwriters -- as well as some accomplished ones -- need to be brought up to speed on w/regards to their prospective careers.

Even with a running time of over an hour and a half, there were things that just couldn’t be squeezed into the movie, however. A couple of favorites, “The Tragic Tale of H.B. Halicki” and “Truth in Television” are posted at www.WeTheScreenwriter.com under the take-outs section. The ending that got cut from the final film is also there.

My hope is that after watching it you’ll feel as informed, empowered, entertained and, ultimately, inspired as so many others have expressed they have.

Back