Business Member
indieBIZ
Director:
Joseph F. Alexandre
Genre:
Documentary
Length:
Feature

http://www.amazon.com/Warriors-Discotheque-Starck-Club-Documentary/dp/B002OSWUA4

Score:
2.5/5

Dallas, Texas is known for a lot of things but being the pinnacle of cutting edge cool is not one of them. Yet, for a time, in the late great 1980’s, it was a Middle America oasis of a certain kind of nightclub culture associated primarily with the major metropolis’ of the East and West coasts when design superstar Philippe Starck, renowned for his L.A. and NYC restaurants and hotels, was brought in to create a nightspot in Texas, a saga that is recounted in “Warriors Of The Discotheque: The Starck Club Documentary”

There is nothing wrong with the except that, for me, there just wasn't that much “there” Basically there was this incredibly cool club in Dallas by this great designer, some wild stuff happened there and it closed. I guess I just thought that there was little of any interest for anyone who is not interested in nightclub culture and/or the 80's.

However, I actually am interested in that sort of thing, a child of the 80's myself. So I, myself, got into the memory lane element of it – and would not have minded seeing more --- but that is me and I am especially interested in nightclubs and the '80's. Unfortunately, as mentioned before, I don't know if it has much appeal outside of people who are interested in Starck,nightclubs and/or the 80's.

If you are interested, see if you can find the film "Just What I Needed", a documentary about a Baton Rogue nightclub with an 80's night that became popular far beyond the imagination of anyone involved. I liked it for the reason that it was so ridiculous and that, 10 years from now, the people who are in it will look at it again and think "I can't believe I was so stupid back then."

Back