Viveca from Nominee Intro

Hi everyone! My name is Viveca, and I'm the co-founder of Nominee, a new theatrical exhibition platform optimized for independent filmmakers. I've got two sweet little girls, I live in New York City, I'm a decent squash player, and my husband flies jumbo jets. I joined this site because I'm pissed that there are hundreds of incredible movies made every year - thought-provoking, weird, wonderful, special movies - and only a small fraction ever make it into a movie theater. And I'm even more pissed that there are people ALL AROUND US who would PAY to see these movies but can't because a) they never hear about them, and b) screen access has been choked off by studios.

So I founded Nominee to fix this problem. Just like Uber's app matches underutilized cars with people who want rides but aren't at the taxi stand, Nominee's app matches audiences with underseen movies and underutilized cinemas. And most importantly, we've completely changed the financial model for theatrical exhibition. Filmmakers don't pay us (like many unfortunately pay scam festivals for "entry fees") - we pay them. There is no booking fee, no marketing fee, no delivery fee. If people want to see your movie, it plays in the theater. And we pay you for every ticket sold. That's it. Anyway, we are launching soon, and would LOVE to see your movie on the big screen. (Oh, and if your movie gets booked 7 times, congratulations, you've qualified for the Oscars!) I'm super excited to meet all of you and see your work. Hit me up to talk details!

Back